Tuesday 1 September 2015

TUTORIAL: HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR INFINIX HOT NOTE AND HOT NOTE PRO TO LOLLIPOP 5.1

In an earlier post I told you guys about the latest lollipop updates roll out by infinix and that only those who already run lollipop(0813) on their devices would get this updates via OTA. The good news is you too can run the updates on your device without waiting for any OTA updates.

Now, let's do this together.

REQUIREMENTS

-A personal computer

-A good USB to phone cable. 
-SP Flash tool v5. Download Here
-Mediatek vcom driver. Download and installation guide Here
-Your downloaded lollipop update. See Here

Step by step procedure
1. Extract the lollipop update to a location of your choice on your Pc
2. Extract the SP Flash tool v5 also.
3. Switch off your phone and don't plug it in yet.
4. Open the SP Flashtool extracted, locate and double click on flashtool.exe
5. Go to scatter loading, browse to the infinix rom folder and select the scatter file. 

6. Next,  go to the Download only as seen in the picture below, click on it and select “firmware upgrade” from the drop-down.

7. Now click on the green arrow labelled “Download”. 
8. You can now plug in your switched off phone to your Pc.

9. Relax and wait for the Green check mark arrow as shown below. This may take about 4-7mins
10. After the check confirmation, close the flashtool, disconnect your phone and switch it on. First boot will take some few minutes 

11. That's all.

8 comments:

  1. After I unrooted my phone and upgrade it via OTA the phone got bricked and I've been trying to unbrick it since via sp flashtool but its not working. Pls what can I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem may be that you did not unroot completely or perhaps u did not flash the stock recovery before u attempt the upgrade. If the sp flash tool refuses to unbrick it I will suggest u take it to calcare at opebi, Ikeja for firmware flash. It won't take between 10-15 mins and you will be done. If you are fortunate enough, you will have it done for you free of charge

      Delete
    2. The problem may be that you did not unroot completely or perhaps u did not flash the stock recovery before u attempt the upgrade. If the sp flash tool refuses to unbrick it I will suggest u take it to calcare at opebi, Ikeja for firmware flash. It won't take between 10-15 mins and you will be done. If you are fortunate enough, you will have it done for you free of charge

      Delete
  2. Is the rom strictly for hot note and how do I flash back my stock recovery b4 upgrading

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Mj. The link provided has the rom for hot note and hot note pro

    Download d recovery image for either the hot note or hot note pro.

    Move the recovery downloaded to your SD card.

    Download mobile uncle


    Launch mobile uncle and select recovery update

    Choose the recovery you moved to your SD card and select OK.

    When it finishes you will be prompted to reboot.

    Thats all it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pls I need a link to download stock recovery for hot note

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use the link below to download the infinix hot note stock recovery image.

      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzg7-tj6cwX8emNTWGtmY2gtTVU/view?usp=sharing

      Delete
  5. Please, I want to upgrade my "Infinix hot note pro" to Lollipop. Is it compulsory that I must root my phone before flashing the stock recovery on my phone, because I downloaded stock recovery to the root of my SD card and wanted to flash it through mobile uncle but it says I must root my phone first. Please help because I don't want to root my phone and I was advised to installed the stock recovery first before upgrading, to avoid bricking my phone.

    ReplyDelete